For auto-update feature of my air application, I prepared everything perfectly :
- Used ApplicationUpdaterUI for updater,
- Published an application which had a same version number written in update.xml and upload it to the server.
- Gave correct path for updated-air file on the server.
- Install an old version of application to my PC.
And took that annoying message : There was an error downloading the update. Error# 16820. After googling, only thing that I found was error code explanation! Of course many suggestions like control your update xml, control your air file etc. but they did not solve my problem. Then I explored an interesting thing. It was all about my hosting :) Try this:
- Copy your updated version air application link into your browser,
- If it does not show you download screen and says “page cannot be found” it means your server is not the best place to upload your file.
- For downloading updated version you have to give direct link for application. Try fileden.com and give your link as: http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/***/*****/**.air
Then problem solved. Happily update your Air application :)
One trick : Look at your files properties in your FTP program and control CHMOD properties :If you cannot change public execute property, it is time for you to upload it to another place ;)
6 Comments to “Adobe Air auto-update Error# 16820 solution”
- Using Button in ExpandableListView
- Showing flash objects in WebView
- Using Android library projects in custom builds
- June 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010